Monday, September 30, 2013

Answers to Questions about American Politics




In honor of the great American circus government shutdown, I will now begin an educational series on my blog by answering questions about American politics. As more posts are created in this series, they will be linked to the bottom of this post. 

Don’t know what the heck a caucus is, what the Affordable Care Act means, why we have an electoral college and feel too afraid to ask? Have you thought you could escape a boring government textbook by looking up a term in wikipedia, only to still not get it, and possibly fall into an "i-don’t-understand-most-of-these-words-coma" 30 seconds in? Well friend, me too: you’ve come to the right place.

I have a deep conviction that for our country to be a true democracy (where all the citizens participate equally), that all the citizens should understand how it works. If we don’t understand, how do we take part?

These will be quick informative blurbs answering legit questions about our very complicated democratic system. I think that it shouldn’t be this complicated. So let’s simplify.

I will now take your questions.  

Email: strengthtoloveblog@gmail.com to ask your question! 





(1)


















2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing this! I have a lot to learn, I know, and I'm excited to glean from your knowledge.
    I'm blogging on shopping at Goodwill (less important than your topic haha) here: www.dearmushka.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great topic! I love thrifting and will definitely check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete