Sunday, September 22, 2013

Influence Conference


This weekend I will be attending the influence conference in my own backyard! I recently discovered the influence network and this group of women who want to use their online presence in the following way:

"THE INFLUENCE NETWORK is for creatively minded women, who are looking for an uplifting community where they can be encouraged and also resourced to make their online lives MEAN SOMETHING."

As a brand new blogger, when I discovered this website, my heart beat a little faster. "What! these beautiful people exist? And they are having a Conference? NEXT weekend? In MY city!?" Is this too good to be true?" Well, it wasn't. I discovered an online discount code the day after it expired, but since I felt that God had put this opportunity right in my lap, I decided to write to the she reads truth crew to see if they could extend the deadline and nervously waited to hear back. What could it hurt, really? The next morning I saw an email saying that Hayley and  Jessi generously provided a discount and made it possible for me to go! My little heart is overflowing with thankfulness at this opportunity and I can't wait!


Two things that I am bringing with me?
1) Fresh eyes. I am a brand new blogger with nothing to lose and everything to learn!
2) Whatever business/blog cards I can put together in 4 days. Challenge accepted. 

Two things that I am excited about?
1) Learning about how to use my voice and passion for social justice through the lens of faith online! 
2) Meeting other women who have done this. Gaining from their wisdom. Making new  friends. :)

4 comments:

  1. Jes! I'm from the Indy area as well and am attending this weekend (and had a similar "WHAT!? THIS IS IN MY CITY!?" experience). Let's meet up! My twitter handle is @annemwilson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Anne! I am JUST now seeing your comment, but would still love to meet up, or at least connect in some way. :)

      Delete
  2. So awesome that everything worked out for you to go at the last minute! We ended up leaving a little early, so I didn't get to say goodbye, but I wanted to say I saw you leaving out of "La Parada" restaurant a little before 6 o'clock yesterday! My husband and I were eating there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I LOVE la Parada. Glad you guys were able to experience it! It was great meeting you this weekend Rachel. :) All best.

      Delete