Sunday, November 17, 2013

Goal update

This season has been moving so quickly for me. For which I'm thankful. 

I'm also thankful for the opportunity to pursue my Master's degree. However, transitioning from three heavy semesters and a summer of undergrad straight to grad school left me breathless and unbalanced, weary, and worn thin. BUT I'm looking forward to a month off from school (a whole. entire. month.) in December to catch my breath! I'm hoping to use this time to rediscover the small joys around me. To thrive instead of survive. To craft. To cuddle. To cultivate.  The thought of this actually happening in three weeks makes me giddy! Like, for real. 

Goals update: I have been doing well in waking up for morning devotions, and I have been rocking weekly meal planning, but so far getting up to work out... hasn't gone so well. Implementing a new habit among my current chaos has been tricky, but as school winds down and I check more papers and presentations and projects off of my to-do list,  I'm finding a bit more energy and mental stamina to get going on this!

Thankfully each day is a chance to start anew, so armed with a really good plan (that I spent five hours making yesterday), I'm all set for tomorrow, and I'm going to MY FIRST spin class! My bag is packed. and I am ready to go. 6am baby. Let's do this. I'm viewing this as a small step toward self-care and investing in myself. 

I haven't been a total fitness slacker though. The other day, I went for a nice long walk around my neighborhood and here were some photos I snapped to remind me what a joy it is to breathe in the fall air! (Which smelled like a campfire!- So wonderful!)


A little church with a big bell. 

An old tile street sign.

Autumn in all her glory.

I hope that as we all prepare for the upcoming holidays that we take time to really notice the seasons changing. I also hope that we learn to appreciate the small changes we make in our own lives to be better to ourselves, and those around us. To appreciate our strengths. To breathe deep and take in all of the good around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment